Hardware Design and Test Engineer
The objective of the Hardware Design/Test Engineer is to contribute as a member of the mCube Engineering team in San Jose, primarily for the validation and test of Motion Sensor MEMS (Micro-Electro- Mechanical System) ICs manufactured in monolithic CMOS by TSMC. This is a highly visible position that requires flexibility to respond to rapidly changing priorities. This position will report to the Test Engineering Manager with a functional line to the Digital Design Manager in San Jose.
- Sc. Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with 2 or more years of experience.
- Verification of CMOS/ICs in an engineering or production environment.
- Hardware design/development of small PCBs for product prototyping and validation.
- FPGA experience using Vivado or Quartus tools.
- Strong knowledge of C or Python
- DSP skills (an understanding of filters, frequency response and characterization).
- Experience with lab equipment (oscilloscope, logic analyzer, etc).
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Experience with I2C, I3C, or SPI serial interfaces.
- Microcontroller firmware development, ARM or MIPS equivalent.
- Usage of small development platforms like BusPirate, Raspberry PI, Arduino, LabJack, etc.
- Xilinx FPGA development experience.
- Construction of test or validation plans for IC products.
- Familiarity with Matlab, Simulink, or LabView.